Thursday, April 29, 2010

Marinated Chicken

I based the marinade on my vinegar-free mustard (recipe here). I put olive oil on the porcelain vessel in which I was marinating the chicken. I then placed the chicken down (chicken breast, butterflied by the store). I poured the mustard on the chicken and added a significant amount of ancho chile powder. I added salt and pepper (a lot of pepper and a little salt). I added very small amounts of cardomum and cumin.

I poured in some water and then placed the whole thing in the fridge for 30 minutes.

I fried the chicken over a very low flame for an hour. I added fresh ginger at the 20 minute mark and mixed vegetables (asparagus, carrots, and white mushrooms) at the 40 minute mark.

After 1 hour, the sauce had become a thick paste, but there was not much of it. We added some extra mustard at the 30 minute mark.

No comments: