Monday, May 18, 2009

Cinnamon Chicken

I started by cutting the chicken into small pieces. I had enough for two pans so I fried the first batch in olive oil, flipping once, with a little salt, pepper, basil, and tamari soy sauce until the chicken was brown on one side and the oil had gone away.

While the first batch was cooking, I doused the next batch, still on the cutting board, with salt, pepper, and lots of cinnamon. I added an uneven amount of ginger, oregano, and cinnamon and sugar.

Then for the next batch I put some vanilla rice milk and a small amount of chocolate (Dagoba, non-dairy) in with the oil, added sweet peppers, a few olives, and a few mushrooms. There was a lot of liquid in there at this point and I smothered the whole thing in cinnamon and shook some tamari soy sauce in there.

The whole thing cooked for about fifteen minutes, flipping once, and maintaining a boil for about eight or ten minutes. It came out smoky and not too sweet. Very nice.

No comments: